In 1991, I earned a MD degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine. I then went on to complete General Psychiatry Residency, graduating in 1995, and then a Child Psychiatry Fellowship in 1998 from Tripler Army Medical Center.
My Related Experience
I have provided psychiatric evaluation and medication management for children, adolescents and adults.
I have practiced in adult inpatient psychiatric units and outpatient psychiatric settings for children, adolescents, and adults.
I have served as Physician Reviewer and Associated Medical Director for Medicaid services.
I have served as Division Army Psychiatrist and as Department Chief of Integrated Behavioral Services for the Army.
I have provided therapy services for children, adolescents, and adults.
My Special Training or Certifications
I am board-certified in Child and Adolescent psychiatry and board-certified in General Psychiatry.
My Areas of Focus
I have extensive experience in:
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management for children, adolescents and adults
- Adult Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Treatment of anxiety, depression, and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children and adolescents
- Assessment and treatment of the psychiatric consequences of Trauma in Men and Women
- Bipolar Disorder
- Treatment of anxiety and depression in adults
My Purpose for Choosing Psychiatry
I provide psychiatric services, which best matches what the patient needs in a professional and understanding manner.
My Life Outside the Office
I enjoy learning more about Military Psychiatry and Cultural Psychiatry.